Monday, September 24, 2007

Hello Mamas!

Hello, Mamas!

I've been reading, never posted.
Took a sick day from work so that I can catch my breath, do laundry, go to Target(loved the poem, Mo), take a walk, and blog! We'll see how much I accomplish.
Anywho...I'm Mo in NC, looks like my kids are the oldest, Mary is 5, Jack is 3. Does this make me some kind of expert? OMG! I'm also 40 as of Sept.4th, so I'm a regular host of wise information.

I've enjoyed reading your questions and concerns, and here's my first comment. There are many questions and concerns to come!! You all sound like great Moms, you're doing great! It's funny how quickly I have forgotten about milk consumption and snacks. So if you want to remember stuff, WRITE IT DOWN! Keep a regular calendar in your kitchen and whenever your little one reaches a milestone or does something cute, jot it down. Then one of these years when you have time you can compile the info. That's my plan at least. I have no idea when my son's first tooth came in or what his first word was because I was going to write it down but I never did. But now I write down lots of stuff. Here's my second comment...

Don't be sad about your babies growing up. They get so much cuter, I swear! My Jack says something every hour that I have to write on the calendar. He's better than cable. Stuff like "you crack me down"-how precious is that! And my friends with older kids say that it keeps getting better. Once kids can do more for themselves you can relax a little more-take the baby gates down, take a shower, or pee with the door closed. 3 and 5 are my favorite ages right now.

Here's the 3rd thing..Don't keep all of your stuff! It mounts up too quickly. Use Craigslist to sell- I'm an addict! (Do you know about this? It's like e-bay, only local-no pesky shipping charges.) I remember gals selling stuff at yard sales and I was horrified, how could they sell their children's memories? 5 years later I'm giving stuff away weekly. Give, sell, donate, you'll feel great! I have 2500 sq feet and a 1200 sq ft attic full of kids stuff. I'm trying to only bring in new items if I get rid of something I don't need anymore. Good to rule if you have limited space-plus Christmas is coming.

Am I rambling? I know your time is limited, I'll stop for now. Have a great day. Remember that you ROCK!

1 comment:

Mo said...

Mo: Your attic is bigger than my whole apartment.
Wow.
-Mo K.