Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hello C2CM's!

My name is April and I live in a suburb of Houston. My husband and I moved here in January from Southern California. It has definitely been an adjustment. If anyone needs advice about moving with young children (mine are 3 and 1) I would be happy to provide some of my thoughts. The hardest part for me has been making new friends. As a stay at home mom I find that it is easy to stay in my little bubble of activities and not branch out.

Well I am excited to be apart of this blog. I enjoyed the post pregnancy insight from Eileen :-) I could not agree more. I will tell you the second time around it is hard to get rest mostly because you are often chasing around a toddler (depending of course on how far apart your kids are), but as you said it is incredibly important. My advice would be to not sweat the small stuff...despite what we think the dishes can wait a while and a spotless house I am convinced will only happen when my children can clean up consistently on their own...based on my own childhood memories I would say that doesn't happen until you are an adult:-) .

-April

1 comment:

similarcreatures said...

April! We miss you and we especially miss the "thwack!" of Sophia against our screen door when she would come up to visit us and Dixie. We hope you're well out there!
If you can, post some recent pictures of Sophia and Dexter- I'll bet they're so big now!