Monday, August 13, 2007

Ideas needed


Hi, Mamas.
I could use some new lunch ideas for the days I'm home with Maya. I usually make something that the two of us can split, but I feel limited by Maya's lack of teeth! She doesn't have her molars yet (just four teeth up top, in the front, and two on the bottom), so it's not like I can feed her, you know, half of a turkey sandwich, for example. I've been doing quesadillas, pasta, leftovers from the previous night's dinner (when there are some)---and that's about it. We have quesadillas waaaaaayyy too often. What else is softish and nutritious? Tracy gave me a good chili recipe that her daughter (Lucy, 18 months today) likes. I'll try that soon.
But what else?
Thanks in advance...
-Maureen

1 comment:

similarcreatures said...

Root Mash-
Marion (my other baby) loves this- it is full of veggies and tastes great!

Boil large root veggies 'till soft.(get creative! carrots, beets, radish, turnips, sweet potatos, etc.)

Mash

Add a tasty/healthy amount of chicken broth or milk (just to smooth it out) and spices like salt, pepper, or more adventurous spices like cinamon or saffron.

it is yummy and colorful- makes a great side to your turkey sandwich and can be a main course for the little one.

Also, since it has carrots and other veggies, not just potatoes, it isn't only starchy carbs.

You can also add peas and frozen spinach if you want.

:)